With the Dakota Alert MURS Alert Probe Sensor (MAPS), you can know beforehand if a vehicle enters your home, office, or shop's driveway. The MAPS include a 50-feet direct burial cable, a metal detecting probe, and a transmitter box.
To use the system, bury the probe parallel to a driveway or drive-up window. Then mount the transmitter box on a tree or wooden post (4~5 feet off the ground).The long-range wireless transmitter will detect any moving metal that drives over the probe. It can also detect vehicles that are at least 14-feet (radius) near the probe.
The MAPS system is a reliable driveway alarm that never sends false alert signals. Unlike other detection systems, MAPS only spots large moving metals such as cars and trucks. It will not send false alarms if an animal walks over the probe.
Note: MAPS only work with Dakota Alert M538-BS Base Station and Handheld M538-HT Wireless VHF Radio.
- Automatically detects moving vehicles - The Dakota Alert MURS Alert Probe Sensor (MAPS) catches any moving vehicles that drive 14-ft near or over the probe
- Never sends false alarm - The probe is only capable of detecting large metallic vehicles. It doesn't detect moving animals or strong winds
- Wirelessly sends alert signals to MURS transceivers - MAPS can still send an alarm message to a MURS transceiver even if the radio is 2 miles away from the probe transmitter
- Provides convenient power source - Four CR123 batteries power the MURS transmitter. Conveniently install it any driveway without worrying about electrical wall outlets
- Compatible with - Dakota Alert MURS Transceivers: M538-BS Base Station, Handheld M538-HT Wireless VHF Transceiver